Garden of the Liebermann Villa at Wannsee

View of the facade of the Liebermann Villa through the perennial garden © MLG

1 / 14

kitchen garden and perennial garden © 2012 MLG

2 / 14

The kitchen garden and perennial garden of the Liebermann Villa © Peter Groth MLG

3 / 14

View of the Wannsee from the café terrace © Peter Groth MLG

4 / 14

The flower terrace with round bench © 2012 MLG

5 / 14

The birch path © 2012 MLG

6 / 14

Wannsee shore with chairs © 2011 MLG

7 / 14

Tea pavilion on the Wannsee shore © 2011 MLG

8 / 14

The middle hedge garden with oval bed © MLG

9 / 14

The big chestnut with garden bench © MLG

10 / 14

The otter well © 2012 MLG

11 / 14

Reconstruction plan of the Liebermann Garden © 1994 Reinald Eckert

12 / 14

Liebermann Villa, view from the lake side © Peter Groth MLG

13 / 14

Entrance area and gardener's house © 2011 MLG

14 / 14

View of the facade of the Liebermann Villa through the perennial garden © MLG

kitchen garden and perennial garden © 2012 MLG

The kitchen garden and perennial garden of the Liebermann Villa © Peter Groth MLG

View of the Wannsee from the café terrace © Peter Groth MLG

The flower terrace with round bench © 2012 MLG

The birch path © 2012 MLG

Wannsee shore with chairs © 2011 MLG

Tea pavilion on the Wannsee shore © 2011 MLG

The middle hedge garden with oval bed © MLG

The big chestnut with garden bench © MLG

The otter well © 2012 MLG

Reconstruction plan of the Liebermann Garden © 1994 Reinald Eckert

Liebermann Villa, view from the lake side © Peter Groth MLG

Entrance area and gardener's house © 2011 MLG

In 1909 Max Liebermann had a summer house built on Wannsee and found the motifs for his late work here: more than 200 paintings and just as many pastels and prints were created in the almost 7000 square meter garden of the Liebermann Villa.
Until the property could be renovated and reconstructed through the commitment of the Max Liebermann Society Berlin e. V. from 2002 - 2006, the house and garden experienced a changing use: After the forced sale in 1940, the house housed a training home of the Reichspost, after the end of the war a hospital and from 1972 to 2002 a sportsmen's home. Since May 2006, the Liebermann Villa with the artist's garden has been open to visitors as a museum.

Read more +

Project period
2002 - 2006

Size
ca. 7000 qm

Construction amount
3,2 Millionen Euro

Client
Max Liebermann (1909/1910)

Max-Liebermann-Gesellschaft Berlin e.V.
Colomierstr. 3, 14109 Berlin
Tel.: 030-805 85 900
E-Mail: info@liebermann-villa.de

Address
Colomierstr. 3
14109 Berlin
Deutschland

Show project location on map