Parish garden Aldersbach A fallow garden was awakened from its slumber.

Ein Kupferstich von Michael Wening aus dem Jahre 1723 © Bayerische Staatsbibliothek

1 / 6

Ein neuer Granitbrunnen ist das Herzstück © 2017 Peter Litvai

2 / 6

Der neue Haupteingang © 2017 Peter Litvai

3 / 6

Der Ausblick auf die Asam-Kirche © 2017 Peter Litvai

4 / 6

Gerahmt von historischen Mauern © 2016 Peter Litvai

5 / 6

Der Blick vom Haupteingang der Asam-Kirche © 2011 Helmut Wartner

6 / 6

Ein Kupferstich von Michael Wening aus dem Jahre 1723 © Bayerische Staatsbibliothek

Ein neuer Granitbrunnen ist das Herzstück © 2017 Peter Litvai

Der neue Haupteingang © 2017 Peter Litvai

Der Ausblick auf die Asam-Kirche © 2017 Peter Litvai

Gerahmt von historischen Mauern © 2016 Peter Litvai

Der Blick vom Haupteingang der Asam-Kirche © 2011 Helmut Wartner

The redesign of the parish garden was based on a copperplate engraving by Michael Wening from 1723: four areas enclosed by low box hedges in the northern part of the parish garden are arranged symmetrically around a new granite fountain and define the two baroque axes of the garden. The parterre in the central area was furnished with benches and planted with shade-giving ornamental cherry trees. An extensive meadow with rows of fruit trees forms a harmonious transition to the parish hall, which was newly built in the southern part of the grounds. As an overriding design element, narrow flowering plant or herb beds were created along the restored monastery walls.
The main entrance, restored opposite the Asam Church, with its historic gateway, provides a special eye-catcher. Numerous bollard lights along the paths ensure that the park can also be experienced at night.

The former baroque parish garden along Ritter-Ortolf-Straße could not be maintained by the church for many years. The consequences were uncontrolled growth and an unattractive appearance. Due to the lack of renovation of the historic walls that frame the parish garden, their fabric was in a desolate state when construction began.

To the north, the parish garden was bordered by the flat-roofed building of the former kindergarten. The urbanistic undesirable development by this new building was already determined in the context of the documentation 1986 to the urban development promotion in Aldersbach. The access for residents and visitors was also inadequate. The only access via a narrow, provisional staircase was on the east side of the parish garden. Since there was no access via Ritter-Ortolf-Straße, the monastery grounds had to be crossed at all times. Public use of the parish garden was almost non-existent.

Read more +

Planning offices

raum + zeit
Landshut

Project period
2010 - 2013

Size
3.600 m2

Construction amount
390.000 brutto

Client
Gemeinde Aldersbach
vertr. d. 1. Bgm. Mayrhofer
94501 Aldersbach

Address
Ritter-Ortolf-Straße
94501 Aldersbach
Deutschland